10 things I am loving:
1. Jillian Michaels podcasts: ..in the car, while I workout, while I clean….so informative. I also checked out her book Unlimited from the library and I am attempting to read it outloud to Dave.
2. Lifting weights: it makes me feel strong. I am on stage 4 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women workout. Feeling great.
3. Walking more: I am taking a break from running and it feels awesome. I am doing interval/incline walks on the treadmill and am making it a point to get outside and walk more (for the fresh air and sunshine)
4. Homemade granola: I have made pumpkin butter granola, nutella granola, almond butter granola…I love it all, and I am loving eating with a little splash of coconut milk
5. Catching up on old movies with Dave: winter is a time for snuggling and staying in. We have watched Big, The Jerk, and plan to watch the Godfather movies, Ghostbusters, etc.
6. Weekly massage nights: We are making it a point to spend more quality time together and also be good to our bodies. A weekly massage feels soooo nice….
7. My blendtec blender: I have made so many delicious smoothies and juices (and breadcrumbs and banana bread…) I love it. It has changed the way I cook and eat and will continue to do so.
8. The blog Oh She Glows. Awesome vegan recipes.
9. My jeggings: I have really loved the black jeggings I bought from American Eagle (have gotten my $25 worth). I have also been enjoying leggings and skinny jeans.
10. Fast Food Nation: I am reading this book on my kindle. It is really eye opening and has made me really think about the food that I eat. The disgusting conditions of meatpacking plants and the way fast food is made and processed makes me want to stear clear of it forever.
10 things I want to try:
1. More circuit training workouts: I will purchase an interval timer to help with this. I want to challenge my body in different ways and the cardio aspect with circuit training is just what I need.
2. Less meat and more veggies: I will get in the habit of drinking a green smoothie everyday and having it as part of my daily calorie intake.
3. Working out in the morning: I struggle to get out of bed every morning, but when I make a little extra time in the am to hop on the treadmill (even if its only 10 minutes) I ALWAYS feel better.
4. Wheat grass: I recently bought some things from Mountain Rose Herbs (hemp seeds, vanilla beans, sesame oil) and will try these in my diet/beauty routine. I will also learn what wheat grass can do for me (I heard its very good for you.)
5. Use oils as body moisturizers: I will make a body oil using the sesame seed oil I purchased from Mountiain Rose Herbs.
6. Deoderant: I have not been wearing commercial deodorants and haven’t been noticing that I smell, but I will try to make my own deoderant (plan to use the recipe from A Pretty Penny blog)
7. Eat local: I will research how I can buy local eggs, look into purchasing meat from a local butcher, eat more fish that Dave catches and learn to can my vegetables from my garden.
8. 50-100 item cleanout: I will spend a day and choose 50-100 items from my home to purge.
9. Toxic free nail polish: I love to paint my nails; it makes me feel more dressed up. But I recently read in Gorgeously Green that nail polish is toxic and can be absorbed through your fingernails. I would like to order Zoya or other toxic/chemical free nail polish to try out.
10. Make more time for my relationships: I will spend more quality time with Dave, spending less time on the internet and my phone.