It’s Day 3 and so far so good.
Some thoughts so far:
1. The trusty ‘ole sweet potato, broccoli, onion, and bacon skillet with 2 eggs over easy for breakfast is a win! Seems to fill me up until past lunch time.
2. I approve of the new flavors of Larabars that I tried: snickerdoodle and pumpkin pie spice. Both delicious. But I don’t plan on making it a habit to eat those for meals because they are really high in sugar and I am trying to keep my nut intake in check. And they are pretty expensive. (I have made my own and they were delicious–might have to do that later in the challenge).
3. I feel exhausted. I think its a combination of things (my time of the month, stress of moving, not great sleep last weekend, and cutting out sugars/detoxing from crap food). All I want to do is sleep.
4. I don’t want to admit it, but I think I need to cut out coffee for a bit too. It makes me have to go to the bathroom. And not in a good way. Makes me sad because I am really loving my pumpkin pie spice coconut milk creamer that I made. Might try a day or 2 without coffee and see how I feel. I think it may help me sleep a little better too.
5. I really have not felt hungry during this challenge. I am getting enough to eat at mealtimes, and I am not feeling like I need to eat again until the next meal. (I do want to snack, but I am resisting the urge and trying to listen to my body).
6. This seems too easy. I’m just waiting for that moment where I am presented with chocolate, or better yet a chocolate martini. That will be the true test.
7. I need get back in an exercise routine. I have been really slack, a lot of it because I feel exhausted. But I really do feel so much better if I get outside and walk or do a little yoga, even for 10 minutes. I am going to make this a priority in the next week, I think it might help with my quality of sleep.
8. Thank you Melissa for doing the challenge with me and letting me text you 40 times a day about what I’m eating and how I’m feeling. The support definitely makes it easier.